Dear Parents / Carers
Re: Our Proposed North Halifax Community Academy Free School
Frustratingly, the whole free school application process remains on hold at present. We have no way of knowing when it might begin again. If we were to be successful with our application, it is most unlikely that any new school could now open before September 2020 or even 2021.
We will provide a further update once the government provides us with any further information.
North Halifax Grammar School
North Halifax Grammar School forms the centre of our community and we will, by working closely and creatively with our partners, create an alternative and fully inclusive Secondary provision within the North Halifax area.
All schools have their own characteristics, strengths, areas for development and individual systems, which give them their special identity. Our special identity will be created through Computing, Music and its wider impact and the transformative power of Music and the Arts for the individual, their community and the society that we live in.
Key characteristics of the Academy will be:
- Inclusive 11-16 co-educational secondary school opening in September 2018
- 120 places available to students joining Year 7
- Pupils of all abilities and from all backgrounds will be welcome to apply
- Broad and balanced curriculum with value-added specialisms (Computing and Music)
- A school to meet local basic need, widen parental choice and increase diversity of provision
- High quality pastoral care ensuring personal development matches achievement
- Wide range of enrichment activities available
- A collaborative school with partnerships that support student progress
- High expectations for all students and staff
- Opening minds, unlocking potential and celebrating success together